Search This Blog

July 15, 2010

Droid Incredible finally has root

Right around the time that the Droid X arrives the guys over at Unrevoked have found a way to painlessly root the Droid Incredible. This is pretty huge news. One of my favorite things to do with my original Droid was to hack the life out of it, install custom ROMs and kernels and backups. Now, all this is possible in the Inc.
Huge thanks to the guys at unrevoked for doing this. Now maybe the developer scene will pick up now that more people are rooting their incredibles.
All this is kind of making me think that the Droid X might not be my cup of tea after all. Root will be possible on the X but installing custom ROMs will be almost impossible due to the locked bootloader. We will have to wait and see. I will probably end up with a Droid X and hoping for someone to fix the bootloader lockdown

No comments:

Post a Comment